Nearby Things To Do
Only 1/2 mile east of The James House and The Cottage in Downtown Historic Greer:
- L’Incanto: Northern Italian Restaurant. Old school romance and excellent cuisine. Reservations recommended. Walk-up seating at the bar may be available
- The Strip Club: Steak house. Award winning cuisine with an outstanding bourbon bar. Reservations highly recommended. Walk-up seating outside may be available, or possibly at the bar.
- GBOH (Great Bay Oyster House)
- Wild Ace Pizza & Sports Bar
- Blue Ridge Brewery Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant
- Abbots Frozen Custard
- The Southern Growl Restaurant & Brewery: (located 2 miles west of the inn. Does not accept reservations.) Over 100 finely crafted beers + hard cider & really good burgers, salad, sandwiches)
SHOPPING in Historic Greer:
- The Chocolate Dream Shoppe & The Shoppes Off Trade: Beautiful handmade chocolates and handmade crafts.
- Across the street from the James House & next door to The Cottage
- Talloni: a fabulous shoe & clothing boutique
- Smith & James: Upscale men’s haberdashery
- Sparkling Sisters: Ladies clothing & chic champagne bar with an attitude.
- BMW Zentrum Museum: No entry fee.
- BMW Manufacturing Factory Tour: Entry Fee and online reservations required. Check online for closures.
- Liberty Bridge: incredibly beautiful curvilinear pedestrian bridge & beautiful walking park. (25 minutes west, in Historic Greenville District)
- Paris Mountain State Park: Take the Sulphur Springs trail, gentle walk up to the small lake and back. Or rent a canoe or paddle boat
1 HOUR DRIVE:
- Victoria Vineyards (make lunch or dinner reservations at their delightful restaurant.) It’s a beautiful drive.
- Chimney Rock, NC: Fun little foothills mountain town 1 hour north of Greer.
- Burntshirt Vineyard & Restaurant: Reserve terrace seating for sublime views of Chimney Rock.
- Local Ice cream shop. Yum!
- Chimney Rock Park: Drive up, climb or take elevator to pinnacle. Entry fee.
- Caesars Head: views
- Bald Rock: views
- Pretty Place: (see the sun rise at the chapel)
- Eagle Mountain Vineyard: newly opened. (30 minutes north on scenic highway 11) Some music, and outdoor seating.
- The BMW Performance Center: Entry Fee and online reservations required. Adrenaline rush: no charge.
- The Biltmore in Asheville + Biltmore winery: (1.3 hour drive away)
- Swamp Rabbit Trail Travelers Rest to Greenville: (25 minutes to Travelers Rest) Either walk or reserve a bike at Sun Rift Adventures. It’s a mostly downhill, 18-mile paved trail Into Greenville. Stop along the way at the swamp rabbit cafe or many other fun places to eat and drink. There are many good restaurants in Travelers Rest.